Monday, October 19, 2009

Rain and Whimsy


Hi folks, I hope you don't mind that I did Best Shot Monday on Sunday. I figured the schedule was all thrown off anyway... TGIS instead of TGIF and all. :)

Let's play a game of catch up, shall we? What have you all been up to?

Yesterday the Lobster and I spent the day at the Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival with some of my very favorite people. We ate bread bowls, saw amazing pumpkin carving, and enjoyed a yummy glass of wine at the Half Moon Bay Brewery booth. I loved spending time with Chris and Beylah, two good friends from the olden days. They are beautiful, warm, and the very image of the cutest couple ever. It was refreshing to hang out with like minded people, as we often spend time with Sean's friends, who are, to say the least, perfectly awesome in a completely different way. I felt warm and full as we walked through the stalls of fellow artisans and enjoyed the foggy weather. (Check out Chris's blog, by the way... Beautiful photography and stories of the woods.)

I've also been:
... studying a lot (I'm really enjoying my major and I can't wait to take more classes that pertain to Nutrition0
... knitting super secret Christmas presents (stranded Noro is my favorite thing)
... bottle feeding a kitten that is too old to be bottle fed (she's stubborn and won't go for solid food)
... watching old movies (Operation Petticoat, Arsenic and Old Lace, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, White Christmas, Meet Me in St Louis... the list goes on.)
... taking long walks in the rain (to come home to a fire in the wood burning stove and a nice cup of tea)
... wondering where October has gone (November, here we come!)
... spinning, spinning, spinning! (more Christmas presents for my fiber inclined friends)

Well, there you have it, my dears. It's raining, it's cozy in my house, and there is a large steaming bowl of banana nut breakfast quinoa waiting for me. I hope you're all having a lovely Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love that name half Moon Bay :)
sounds like you have been busy and enjoying good company .. i love reading of your ''doings''
knitting here, walks and finding more heart rocks.. just a slow life xxCarole