Monday, December 28, 2009

Finally...

I've caught up on sleep, rest, vegetable intake, and kitty cuddles.
I've found a place for new and purged the old.
I've relaxed back into the beloved rhythm of my life.

How was your holiday? I hope it was as warm and as full as mine.

A few highlights...

Two beautiful and awesome tea cups.
A new book and 2 new hours of Cary Grant.
The lobster's grand father telling me "Holding your hand gives me strength".
My Nana gifting me a gorgeous picture of her younger self.
Sherlock Holmes and the beautiful people that crammed themselves in a packed theater with me.
A handmade journal that I can't wait to fill.
And a quilted table runner from my ever talented mother.
The most lovely and warm wrap from the lobster's parents.
Two Christmas breakfasts with equally incredible families.
Spending an evening of knitting and gossiping with my favorite sister.

As full and warm as my holiday was, I am very happy to get back to the quiet life I cherish so much. Being around large groups of people for long periods of time (am I the only person in the world to complain about too many days of Christmas?) makes me want to hibernate for months. The energy I expend is more than the energy I receive. For some (for Sean) the energy received from being around many people is abundant, but I am not of the same cloth. That said, I love all of my tribes (chosen and otherwise) intensely and warmly and I apologize if you don't see much of me for the next few weeks.

I have a stack of books to read, lots of fiber to spin, roving to dye, school to prepare for, and cleansing to perform.

I'm hoping to be less absent here, as well as in my etsy shop (re-opening at the end of the week with new and exciting lovelies!) and to pour myself into my studies like never before. It's time to make things happen. I have plans of greatness for the coming year, this is an exciting time.

I'm looking forward to 2010.

No comments: