Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Grateful Project: Day Three


Day three: I am grateful for yoga.  And my favorite crazy pants.

Very recently I decided to take up yoga (again).  I've practiced yoga on and off from the time I was 14 and my mother (bless her) sneaked me into her Thursday night yoga class at the local library and community center.  It was a Hatha Yoga class... Easy, calming, centering.  To this day it is still my favorite kind of yoga.

And exactly the kind of yoga I've been practicing to get back in the swing of things.

On Saturday night I had the house to myself and I was feeling a little bit swirly.  I had been working from the couch for the past week due to the lack of heat in my office and my bones and body were feeling weary.  I had also been stuffing myself full of Halloween inspired cupcakes and eating junk food.  I mean, true junk food.  Like, Jack in the Box stuffed jalapeños junk food.  And my body was fed up with it.

So I stuck in my gentlest yoga DVD and rolled out my mat and moved my body around in ways it hasn't moved in about six months.  I had to do three repetitions of the half hour tape in order to feel the benefits, but eventually my body gave in to the breathing and meditation and began to heal itself.  The first half an hour was pure torture and release, all in one.

I've kept up the rhythm and have done an hour of yoga a day for three days and I hope to make it a daily routine.  I have so much more energy throughout the day, my work has become easier, my mind clearer.

And I'm going vegan (again) for the month of November.  More news on that as it progresses.

What are you grateful for today?
P.S. I am also grateful for my little brother, who was born exactly 20 years ago today.  Happy birthday little brother!

1 comment:

Meegan said...

I LOVE your crazy pants! I have some that are red with dragons on them! Also love the purple toenails! :)
I need to pull out my yoga mat again!