Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's a FCF Holiday


As I'm sitting here (on my couch with the laptop, it's too cold to work from the office today) sipping a cup of Celebrate tea (my favorite, hands down) I'm reflecting on the long journey that was 2010.  It was great, exciting, liberating, amazing, and bright.  And it was trying, painful, swirly, and loooong.

That's a lot of up and down.  And frankly, I'm a little burnt out on it.

I have big plans for my business in 2011. I admit that I got little sloppy with it over the past month.  I've been busier than ever which is a truly fantastic thing but I was not prepared for the sudden onslaught of business and the ups and downs that go with it.  I am very proud of my business and when I can't please everyone or things fall through the cracks (packages missing, clubs shipping out late, shipping times in general being late...) I get really down on myself and my business.

Which is silly, because it's a great little business! How many people out there can support themselves doing something like this? Not many, and certainly not many who threw it together in a month (hello December 2009), who is only 25 years old, who does everything by hand, who created the business as a way to kill time.  It was born out of love and excitement for newly found fiber arts (can you believe I've only been spinning and dyeing for a year??) and I'm so pleased with the little business it has turned in to.

So with tomorrow being the last day to order for holiday shipping, I'll be closing up shop from December 21st (for the daring last minute shoppers) and returning on December 27th. I'm going to take a little break to renew, refresh, re-fall in love, rework, re-find the passion.  I want to begin the next stage of this journey with the same excitement and passion with which I began the first stage.

I am so thankful for this year and can't wait to start again next year!



P.S. If you haven't signed up for the newsletter, please do! I'll be sending one out very soon with the holiday schedule and update information as well as sneak peeks for January.  :)

No comments: