Sunday, December 14, 2008

Glimpses

It's pouring here, and foggy. There's a fire in the fireplace (I'm so proud!), a lovely pot of tea at my side, three beautiful creatures cuddling on my bed. I wish that I could play you the soundtrack of my life right now. Huge drops of rain pounding on my roof, Stuey snoring, The Holiday playing in the background, and the typing of keys as I work on my novel (or blog in this moment). Great, still, and beautiful pine boughs are heavy with droplets outside my window, bending to the weight of this extraordinary day. The dogs are curled up next to the fire. Today is spectacular, grand, delightful, inspiring.

I wanted to share these moments with you.



My growing (it's doubled since this picture) stack of books to read.


This moment is from Thursday. I love how my bed is full of my favorite boys. I really do love this. I can't explain what it means to have a house (or in this case a bed) full of love and cuddles. Whenever I'm down, there's always a warm and soft place to fall, and kisses to greet me when I do.


My favorite partner and editor and get-in-my-way-er. I like having cat hair all over my desk, because it means something fluffy sits next to me while I work.

My scarves. I have a slight obsession, but at least I make good use of them.


One more glimpse. Roasted veggie soup recipe (just for you!).

Ingedients:

A bunch of vegetables, in this case: Carrots, Potatoes, Peppers (red and green), Zucchini, Snow peas, Onions, Garlic

Olive Oil

Rosemary (fresh from your garden if you've got it)

Sage (again, fresh from your garden if you've got it)

1 c. Vegetable or chicken stock (or salty water if no stock is available)

Salt and pepper

Cube/cut all vegetables and coat with olive oil and place in a glass pan. Cut up rosemary and sage and add to vegetables. Place in the oven for 1 to 2 hours, or until vegetables are soft and cooked through. Transfer to a pot, add stock or water, bring to a boil. Let simmer for 10 minutes, then cool for another 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree. Bring back to pot and simmer, add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with grated parmesan or chedder cheese as a garnish.

That's all for now. Hope your days are pretty.

No comments: