Friday, February 27, 2009

A birthday list.

24 glorious reasons it's good to be having a 24th birthday.

1. I've perfected my tuna casserole recipe.
2. I found a great bookstore.
3. I've learned to knit!
4. I've cultivated new and glorious friendships with people that matter. And I've learned to let go of the people that don't.
5. The discovery of blogger.com and what it feels like to have the freedom to be myself in front of the whole world.
6. I've moved to a place that feels rather like home.
7. I've become closer to my darling little brother and my sweet little sister. It's important to me to know the people I call family and this past year has been filled with bonding moments. Jac and I have become a sort of escape for one another, and Gaber and I spend weekends together... each lost in their own worlds but enjoying one another's presence.
8. I've learned how to cook! And how to enjoy the process.
9. My favorite tea shop.
10. Unemployment. It has been a great learning experience and a great opportunity to turn my life into what I want it to be.
11. Finding a direction.
12. The joy of gardening.
13. This man.
14. I planted native species in San Francisco as a volunteer project.
15. Speaking of volunteering, I found a great rescue to foster with.
16. So many sources of inspiration I can't even begin to count them/link to them.
17. The birth of my obsession with listography.
18. The discovery of new authors.
19. Green smoothies.
20. An opportunity to make myself and the world a better place.
21. Motivation.
22. The best damn sushi on the planet.
23. The most beautiful yarn in the whole big wide world.
24. Next year, I will be here to write about 25 things... That's pretty exciting and special in itself.

No comments: