Thursday, September 17, 2009

Renewal


There's nothing like getting up early to catch the perfect light on your front porch. This one is named "Wanda" and is worsted weight merino, 198 yards of yummy squishiness. Keep an eye out for it in the shop on October 1st!

Yesterday I was feeling a bit bored of life... You know the feeling. "Where do I go from here? Why hasn't anything new happened? Why doesn't home feel comfortable? Is this really it?" It was a difficult day spent spinning on my mother's couch.

So last night after an obligatory stop at the pool hall to hang with the boyfriend and friends (did you know I can be somewhat of a hermit? And a flake? But I showed up for a drink and a laugh... That's love.) I came home and did a little renewal ritual. A hot shower was in order, then a tiny little clean up of my bedroom (as in put away the piles of clean clothes and packing materials). How can I sleep comfortably with a big pile of 'to do' staring at me from the corner of the room? I lit a candle for a new day, a little aromatherapy (spearmint and eucalyptus for clarity of mind), some craft supply organization, a moment to write in my journal, and a deep sleep.

And you know what? Today feels good. Mr. Lobster is still sleeping soundly (he didn't get in quite as early as I did) and I got up early to use these moments of quiet to do a little revamping. The etsy shop is all ready for its first scheduled update, there's a new blog banner, my roving is organized, and the morning gave me some great pictures of the yarn I finished yesterday. I love the light on our front porch at 8:00am. It's just perfect in every way.


Our camping trip was lovely. It was really really cold and rainy, but so nice to get away for a couple of days. We did a lot of sitting by the fire trying to keep warm, we climbed some rocks, walked around the lake, and spent time talking and focusing on ourselves. Even though we were freezing, I wouldn't trade a view like this for the world.


I think the dogs had a good time, too.


And now, Lobster is awake and I'm going to try to convince him that we have a serious lack of eggs benedict (hold the ham, substitute avocado, please) in this house. See you tomorrow!

No comments: