Wednesday, October 28, 2009

(Organic) Breakfast Quinoa


Recipe time!

Ingredients:
1 cup Organic Vanilla Soy milk (if you prefer, use regular milk with a dash of vanilla extract)
1 cup water
1 cup Organic quinoa (rinsed)
1 tbsp Organic Agave sweetener (replace with honey, brown sugar, white sugar if you're not an agave fiend like I am)
1 tbsp Cinnnamon
Organic fruit of choice (I'm on a peaches and blackberries kick right now)

Boil rinsed quinoa with 1 cup soy milk, 1 cup water, and agave nectar until liquid absorbs. Layer fruit and cooked quinoa in a bowl, top with brown sugar if desired. You can eat it like this which is quite good, but I like to put about half a cup of soy milk on top and eat it like warm cereal. It's also quite tasty to add nuts to the diced fruit (almonds and walnuts are at the top of my list).


This recipe makes about 4 servings of quinoa. I like to make it at the beginning of the week and refrigerate the left overs until the next morning when I assemble the bowl of yumminess cold and then put it in the microwave for a minute and a half. YUM.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I've never tried quinoa, not even sure exactly what it is - but that looks really good!