Monday, January 18, 2010

The other dangers of living in the mountains...

Include thunderstorms in which very large trees fall down on power lines.

Sometimes this happens on your 'get things done' day where you definitely need the internet to turn in a 5 page paper (and answer business queries). So you end up holing up at your mother's house with delicious soup, learning how to make hollandaise sauce, and commandeering her internet connection.

And then coming home to the power back on... But with the neighborhood water main busted because our tiny little mountain road is not equipped to handle very large PG&E trucks.

So I can now answer emails, chat with you, watch TV, and cook hollandaise sauce but I cannot take a shower or flush the toilet.

I love my home I love my home I love my home.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Do you have anything that collected rain water? You could use that to flush your toilet.

Emily