Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Glimpses of Today

Hello Campbell! This morning I went for a drive over the hill for no particular reason other than a change of scenery. There was no traffic, Mops was my companion, and I had lots of interesting thoughts about Felton vs Campbell and my own self. I wasn't sure why I decided that this was where I wanted to be this morning...

But don't worry, I found something to do. :) This is my favorite yarn store. I love their selection, I love the owner, I love that it's green, and I love that it's different from my regular life.

On the drive home I took the long way... Hello Felton!

While we're out and about let's go to downtown Felton and stop by the post office to pick up some mailing supplies. I'm participating in three (three!) swaps on ravelry right now and I'm excited to go through my yarn that I've been hoarding for them. Speaking of yarn...

It's alpaca and silk and a beauty of a color. I have the perfect plan for it. But for now, what to do with new yarn expect play with other yarn?

So while I ate white peaches that tasted like sunshine...

And Apple Berry Green smoothies (raspberries, strawberries, apple juice, water, honey, matcha, flax, and greens)...

I played with my yarn!

And Marvin helped with putting together swap packages.

I took a break to putter in my plants and sit in the sun...

And to walk down to the mailbox...

What a lovely suprise! My giveaway prize! The lovely Brene hosted a giveaway a couple of weeks ago, and now I have some beautiful things for my home and soul.

This lovely print says "maybe being brave is no more than staring down the 'less than' feeling and stepping up to the 'i am worthy' feeling." and it gets a treasured place upon my wall of loveliness in the bathroom.

A little relaxation, and then...

Taco salad for dinner with my honey.

My inspiration has been a little bit renewed, and now Sean and I are sharing space on the couch, me with my yarn, he with his book, and Mops between us.

I've been thinking about doing a giveaway to spread the love... But how many people read this blog? If you'd be interested in some knitted goodness, leave a comment so I know someone's out there!

Hope you had a nice and inspiring day as well. :)

6 comments:

Bridget said...

It looks like you are like me in that you have more yarn then you know what to do with. I am currently working on building an afghan to use what I can.

Your blog looks great.

Home of Pie said...

I love your blog. Always refeshing! Blog on my dear :D

Jacqueline said...

I'm always present in your world. :)

Ashley said...

You've got quite the stash there! I'll be honest, I'm a bit jealous!

Heather at Mad Rose Creations said...

I just located your blog via Ravelry. I grew up in Monterey, CA and used to spend time when I was wee with family in Campbell. It was lovely to see the pix of your trip. made me sigh...ahhhhh

Anonymous said...

I love your little trip and sites posted. Sounds like a relaxing day. I'm just a little envious because I could use that type of relaxation!